What Were We Thinking?

Tales From The Toddler Trenches

Monday, February 27, 2006

Quote of the Day

I was at Target today with Jack and Jesse. We were returning to the van and I was loading them in. Jack pointed at a nearby tree and asked, "what are those momma?" He was pointing at the spikey seed balls fell from the tree. There were bunches of them on the ground from today's storm.

I said, "those are the seeds that fell off the tree."

He immediately replied, "You have to put the "beads" back on the tree and fix it momma. You have to fix it."

He was genuinely concerned for the tree. In Jack's world nothing should ever be broken. It really upsets him.

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger marz said...

That little guy! I am so glad you are blogging these moments so you can look back on them later. Wonderful windows into the men they will become, huh?

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a tender heart!! I linked to your blog through Maritza's site and your posting was a sweet reminder of my son Noah. He insists that I put any stray hair of mine that he finds, back on my head. Perhaps he fears I'll lose most of my hair, like his dad.

Blanca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters