What Were We Thinking?

Tales From The Toddler Trenches

Saturday, January 28, 2006

My Fantasy- a Nocturnal Nanny

Here's my fantasy... I wish I could hire a nanny to work the graveyard shift- only. In this fantasy, a very kind Mary Poppins type woman would arrive at our door at 10 pm. With a smile, she would enter our home and shoo my husband and I off to bed, "No worries dears, you go now and have a wonderful nights sleep. Sweet Dreams." My husband and I would retire to our bedroom and relax, read, maybe some other bedtime activities and fall into blissful slumber, resting assured that we will get a full nights sleep. Miss Mary Poppins would then stay up all night, maybe reading on the couch or quietly watching her favorite late night TV shows. Here's how she would earn her pay. If one or both boys woke up in the middle of the night, she would immediately enter their rooms, pat their backs, sooth them, stay awake with them as long as it takes for them to fall back to sleep- according to our past experience, this could take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. If a one of them were to get sick in the middle of the night, Miss Mary would cheerfully clean up the mess, do the laundry and stay with them through the night if needed. All while Mommy and Daddy get there full 8 hours of sleep. Miss Mary would turn the coffee pot on before leaving at 7 am, with a cheerful goodbye until we see her again that night.

Hey it's my fantasy. I can dream can't I??

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger marz said...

I totally want this for you too! I bet even one nite would make you into a new woman! :) :)

 
At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here momoir.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Research presents that almost 80% of all United States adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counters